domingo, 4 de agosto de 2019

Italy 2019 - Capri

Capri was our official last day of "beach". 
We were supposed to leave the house super early (like 6am), go to Sorrento and from there take the ferry to Capri. Needless is to say that we were dying from the day before so we left home like 3 hours later! Bough lunch on our way to Sorrento in a supermarket, and then departed to Capri by the end of the morning. The trip takes around 30/40 minutes and I can say this was probably the most expensive "activity" we've done while in Italy. Also, bring everything you can food wise from the mainland since Capri is VERY expensive!

Everyone I knew that had been around the area had told me NOT to miss Capri and to spend an entire day there. I don't think Capri is the most amazing place of all the places I've been to, but I can definitely see why you should spend the whole day there. First of all, the ferry is quite expensive (40 EUR both ways), so you better make it worth it and spend as much time there as you can. 
Previously to our trip we considered going on a private boat tour that included snorkeling and lunch but we though it was unnecessarily expensive and decided not to do it. Looking back, for 20 more EUR I think that would have been the best option. There are lots of great offers (I later found a great one in Naples, maybe for a next time!), just look them up!

Personally, even though Capri didn't feel like the most magical place to me, the beaches there are amazing!! You probably won't see it at first since the ones around the port (where the boat leaves you and that you'll see first) aren't the best ones, but take the lift up to the hill, enjoy the view and then go down the other way, to the south side of the island. 
You can reach these beaches by bus but I enjoyed walking down all the stairs and alleys (it always gives me a best notion of where I am and how the place really is like). 
We spent the whole day at Marina Piccola Beach and it was HEAVEN! I couldn't get tired of jumping off the rocks and floating on those light blue waters. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário