quinta-feira, 2 de abril de 2020

Naples


Naples. So much to say and I can say nothing what I say will be enough. I've told you that my first impression of Naples was nothing short of disappointing. Looking back I believe it was very circumstantial. My flight was delayed, I spent the whole day at the airport and by the time I got to Naples it was late, dark, and I was beyond tired. Pretty much like a child.  
The following morning we decided to head to Sorrento as soon as we could because by then I just wanted to lay under the sun. 
But when we came back to catch our flight home we got the chance to spend about 24h in Naples that were the perfect ending to our Italian summer. 
We ate, and ate, and ate, and sang aloud, and walked, and ate some more. There was a moment in time me and M. decided to part ways, and each of us walked their own way, exploring the city as we wanted. I remember wandering through Castel dell'Ovo, next to the water, looking at Vesuvius and keep on going with no destination, listening to Lana Del Rey and feeling so grateful for feeling such happiness, and to be able to take that from such simple, little things as food, a nice view and the ocean breeze. 
Italia made so happy and appreciated I can't put into words. And Napoli being our last stop, I feel like much of that happiness was consolidated there. Piazza del Plebiscito at dusk,  almost no one there, the cute little neighbourhoods and its residents, living their daily lives, kind of pulling you into their routines. The fruit stands, Galeria Umberto I, all the ice cream, pizza at da Michelle and Nino Sorbillo, the street markets along those narrow streets, where M. bought me a lovely turquoise necklace. The Aperol Spritz, a late night drink in a shabby setting next to a trailer selling spirits next to the bay and our last walk home. Our hide and seek game in the law department of the Università deli study di Napoli Federico II. We settled for breakfast at Gran Caffè Gambrinus the following morning, before heading home. The cakes look to die for. Honestly, everything there looks like that. And the ambience is so.. Italian? It feels just magical... But we overslept, in which I believe to have been a conscious choice ahah
Not that I regret that, to be honest, because I do want to come back to Napoli soon. There was so much left to see, I feel, and Gran Caffè Gambrinus if the first thing on my to do list. 


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário