sábado, 13 de abril de 2019

Home Is Where My People Are


I truly believe that of all places in the world, there's always one you feel like you belong to a bit more. 
And I also believe that people make a place. Some places you love because you have fond memories related to good moments spent there, others because of its energy. No matter the reason, in the end and at most times, the common factor is its people. 
People do put a significance into our existence, they help shaping our perception of things, and more often that not, they make an impact on the way we experience things. This, of course, includes places. 
I love my hometown - that's where I've lived most of my life, where I've been through most of my firsts, where my parents are and where I have some of the fondest memories. Amsterdam is my favourite city and I could see myself living in Paris! I've spent a good amount of time in Indonesia living like a local and yet, Lisboa has my heart and soul. 
In this very literal example, the two people I've shared my home with in my first year of college and my first year living in Lisbon are the people that always make me feel the comfort of being home. Even if that is in a park somewhere in the city, on a Saturday afternoon, talking like a chatterbox.
I love you B. and J.! 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário