terça-feira, 23 de abril de 2019

Pancakes for a numb day...


... or for any other day, but especially for when you are needing some extra comfort. 

Contrary to what's been the norm lately, this recipe came up on a day my fridge was absolutely empty, which meant I had to improvise. I was craving pancakes but I had no eggs, and if I say so myself, it was a blessing in disguise because I've never looked at another pancake recipe since. 
These pancakes turn out to be quite plain so they go well with basically anything. Since they aren't very sweet I like mine with a big dollop of honey and some fresh fruit, especially strawberries! But you can have yours with pretty much whatever you want!

Ingredients:
- 1 + 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder 
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 coffee spoon of table salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of water

Method
- Honestly, the original recipe tells you to stiff the dry ingredients first on a separate bowl and only then add the liquid ones. If you ask me, mine never tasted any worse for skipping this step. So, I just mix all the ingredients together - you gotta choose your battles ;)
- Add a spoonful of batter on a previously heated pan and let it cook on medium-high heat until a few air bubbles start to appear. Flip the pancake and let it cook for a few more minutes until golden brown.

Side note
The original recipe mentions 2 tablespoons of oil, but I've always omitted it simply because I think it is just extra fat that really doesn't add any flavour to it. 
If you want to give yours an extra kick, just put some butter on the pan when frying your pancakes. Personally, and since I use a great non-stick pan I try to avoid it, but I must admit that 8 out of 10 times I give in to the temptation. 







Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário