sábado, 6 de abril de 2019

Roma!!




Hope you read that "Roma" with a truly Italian accent. Maybe with a hand gesture coming along naturally as well? haha
Early this year I've been to Rome with my number one gal - my momma!! Actually, my mum was the reason I booked this trip in the first place, since it was her birthday!
Believe it or not, it was my first time in Italy - ever! - and we pretty much sticked to Rome only, since it was just a weekend getaway to celebrate the birthday girl.
I guess it is the same thing within every continent but traveling in Europe is so easy 'cause you can get everywhere in just a couple of hours and spend a nice weekend away. Europe is so vast and rich culture wise it makes me so proud to live here and being born in a country belonging to E.U. too.
I mean, how good is it to be spontaneous, book a couple flights not worrying visas, borders and all kinds of bureaucracy and just pack your bags and go?

Lot's of stuff going on in my life lately which have not been mentioned around here, but the main thing is that I started a new job back in September - my first job actually! - which obviously allows me to save a few more bucks and manage my own money. I didn't save my first salary for something really big or anything like that, but I made sure to plan a few trips and Rome was one of them. Back in December I had gone to Paris to reunite with one of my best pals from Indo, but I'll save that for another day - it's hard for me to stick to the point, haha. 

These are just a few snippets from that weekend that I got to get around but I'll try to post a few more lately. I'll try, I'll try...!

I can say I was expecting more from Rome and Italy overall. I liked our airbnb a lot, the weather was ok considering it was January, and I also didn't feel like the city was too expensive. To be honest, I had a great time with my mom and got to meet a few friends who live there and that I hadn't seen for a while. All those monuments are truly spectacular to say the least, I kind of felt like my History classes were coming to life and the feeling was just incredible, thinking how many kinds of people have gone through those places, and their daily lives, in different times and circumstances!! But when I think of Italy, besides History, I also think of great food, that I didn't get to experience, and I think of cute narrow streets, which are there indeed, but aren't as cute as one would have imagined. I don't know, perhaps I'm just being unfair, maybe it was just me, and maybe I had set my expectations way too high, but I didn't feel a connection.

I guess I'll have to come back sometime to put things into perspective!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário