quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2016

What the future holds

It's now 2016 and you may say I'm late but I think I'm just in time to figure what 2015 was all about, and most importantly, to try and get a hint of what the future holds. 

2015 was the year I truly got back to my element. I haven't been myself for the past 2 years or so and it is good to feel like myself again. In 2015 I did my first college exams, I went to Germany and I spent a week with friends in the sunny, salty, warm south - which is probably ranked in a pretty good place in my memories list. This was also the year I finally(!!!) got my driving licence, and the year I had one of my fondest birthdays so far. And I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit I got a tiny itty bity into Justin Bieber's songs. Not everything went well, for sure (JB, right? haha). But let's stick to what made me smile, which actually translates into a pretty significant part of the year. 

I want to take 2016 a little more serious (not in a bad way at all). I mean, I want to end this year and think that my life is richer than it is right now. So, I am going to propose a few challenges to myself.
I spent the whole of 2015 (plus december of 2014) without eating a single gum (!!). And I am the biggest sucker for those things. Like, I can easily eat a whole package of 14 of them in just one day. Not kidding. And not proud, too. 
So, this coming year I've banned chocolates and chips, which I actually think is just a little bit harder, not because there are now two things to avoid but, mostly with chocolate, it envolves not eating anything which may have chocolate in it, like biscuits, cakes, ice-cream and so on... I'll give my best not to fail, so I hope you don't hear about it until 2017.
Also, this is something I've been thinking for a while but I just couldn't find the right time to do it: I want to try to be vegetarian for a whole month and vegan for just a week. No particular reason for that except for pushing myself into creating and looking for different dishes and foods rather than the ones I am used to. 
It may not seem big but college life is hard you know? And I am at that point when I just feel like it takes so much effort and focus that I would like to be more dedicated to it because, at the end of the day,I am so grateful for being able to learn all these things from all these people. 

So, this is it so far. Hope to keep you updated during this year ahead us. Have a great 2016 you guys!!






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário