sexta-feira, 4 de setembro de 2015

In The Kitchen #6


I just found these yumi little guys in my draft box. They were made quite a long ago. It's been so long that today there isn't any left to tell you their story. But I can still remember! Altough that probably not for long so I'll have to bake some more... 
I made them even before I went on vacation with my mom. They were supposed to be our snacks in the morning and in the afternoon during our trip. This was the first time I've made them but I've known these biscuits for a long time now. I remember eating them when I was about 12 and they were called Matrafões at my local bakery. Their shape was bit different though and I just don't feel it's right to call them the same. But their taste... ha, it hasn't changed a thing! Oh sweet memories.

For the recipe, it makes about 50 little ones like those above:

ingredients:
-1 cup of sugar;
- 3 eggs;
- 1/2 cup of olive oil;
- 1 pinch of salt + 1 pinch of baking soda;
- 60 ml of Porto or brandy;
- about 1 kg of plain flour.

method:
First, add the sugar, the eggs and the olive oil. Mix it together and then add all the ingredients left except the flour. Fold them well and start adding the flour in small portions, without leaving the dough too stiff. Ideally, you'll be able to form an "S" shaped biscuit.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC until golden.



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário