quarta-feira, 8 de julho de 2015

In The Kitchen #2


All right, there is something wrong going on in my house. 
I'm spending way too much time in the kitchen. Since I've come home I'm kind of the boss in the kitchen. I'm in charge of most meals, because maybe I am a little bit paranoid about my meal's schedule and also because I like it (and of course, my parents don't mind having someone cooking for them). On the other hand I just hate doing the dishes (bah), so I guess it's fair.  

But, apart from that, I've been trying new recipes, mostly cookies and other super-hiper-sugary stuff (my inner fat kid). My kitchen gods are both british, actually. Jamie Oliver tops them all, and he's followed by Nigella Lawson. 

In one of the last posts, I've talked about Nigella's Butter Cookies. But then I went a little further and tried her Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am not the biggest fan of this kind of cookies. I love some plain shortbread biscuits, mostly when they are harder rather than crumblier and chewier. But since I had never found a really good chocolate cookie recipe I decided to give it a go. And so I did. I really liked the final result, probably the best ones I've done so far. Still, shortbread wins my heart. You can find the recipe here, though I didn't add so many chocolate chips and I found the dough a little bit too sweet as well, so next time I'll definitly cut down on sugar. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário