domingo, 19 de julho de 2015

In The Kitchen #5


Summer is not my favourite season of the year. I like Spring and Fall because they're mild and gentle and also because I belive they have the best of both worlds. Usualy during those seasons is when I feel most inspired. Maybe bacause of all the changing. 

On the other hand I have to give some credit to summertime. People are happier, the colours are vibrant, the days are longer and the variety of activities is just endless. In one of these days I got to spend sometime with friends at the pool and we were asked to bring a little something for an afternoon snack. As if I needed any excuse to bake some more these days...

I wish I would grow all these summer fruits I love. Raspberries, peaches, cherries, blueberries and so on, but at least I have my own organic strawberries and that is quite something to me! ;) Once I don't do that, I have a friend that does and she kindly brought me some raspberries the other day. I guess there was no other option rather than use them in these vanilla muffins! And they were a hit! 

The recipe is quite simple and I honestly can't recall where I got it from. I have this one for many years now and it ends up being my first choice everytime I am in a rush and only have a few basic ingredients at home and also don't want to take a risk doing something I haven't tried before. Another good thing about it is that this is such a simple recipe that you can add anything you want or make as many alterations as you like. You can never go wrong with this one!


Easy peasy vanilla muffins:

makes 12:
150 grams of melted butter
150 grams of caster sugar
175 grams of self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 tea spoon of vanilla extract 


Just mix all the ingredients together. Fill the muffin cases  (or a greased muffin tray)  with the batter (next I added the raspberries) and bake it in a preheated oven at 180ºC/350ºF for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. 

As simple as it gets! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário